When you reach the respectable age (level) of 15, you can buy a personal house in Middle-earth. You can buy one house per account (per world).
On these pages I will tell you the basics about housing, plus show you examples of the neigbourhoods and houses, and a few ‘how to’ tutorials.
Information about everything that has to do with housing can be found on Lotro-wiki.
There are four homesteads you can choose from:
- Bree-land Homesteads, homes of Men
- Falathlorn Homesteads, homes of Elves
- Shire Homesteads, homes of the Hobbits
- Thorin’s Hall Homesteads, homes of Dwarves
The names of the homesteads link to a page about that homestead.
All races can buy houses in all Homesteads.
In each neigbourhood there are 30 houses:
- 16 Standard houses
- 10 Deluxe houses
- 4 Kinship houses
(can be purchased by kinleaders when a kinship reaches rank 7)
Because 30 houses just ain’t enough for all the people on a server, each world has multiple neighbourhoods in every homestead. They are all exactly the same. This doesn’t mean all neighbourhoods are fully occupied by the way.
Purchase and upkeep
The price of a house depends on the homestead and on the size and the address of the house:
- Standard houses: 950 silver – 1 gold 150 silver
- Deluxe houses: 6 gold 650 silver – 8 gold 50 silver
- Kinship houses: 14 gold 250 silver – 17 gold 250 silver
The weekly upkeep for the houses is:
- Standard houses: 50 – 55 silver
- Deluxe houses: 150 – 165 silver
- Kinship houses: 285 – 345 silver