Roving Thoughts is nominated for a Liebster Award 🙂 Well, nominated, accepting the nomination is getting the award, so I am awarded. I never heard of it, but it is an award for and by bloggers. And I must say, I am very honored that Haffle, from Level Up Haffle nominated me. Tnx man!
There are a few rules attached to the award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award (Google Images) on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a widget or a gadget.
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it.)
I start with the Random Facts:
As this is Raebidus’ blog, I will tell random facts about him and about the guy who pulls the ropes.
- Rae died in intro, didn’t even get to be ‘The Wary’.
- First kin was Exilez. Left that the same day.
- Solo’d till about level 65.
- Names his crafted weapons (unless the player wants another name) after Queen songs.
- Common knowledge I don’t like raids. I was ‘tricked’ into doing Rift one time. Ended up, Rae solo against Mr. Boss. And I almost killed him if I had not forgotten to use one last buff.
And 6 about ‘The Real Rae’.
- Fav color is yellow.
- Love to Photoshop.
- Lord of the Rings Online is the only game I play. In fact, I am not such a gamer.
- Blues / Rock is my music.
- I love dragons (also Chinese sign).
- Have a tattoo of Wile E. Coyote on my shoulder. The man never ever ever never ever gives up!
Haffle’s questions for the nominees:
- How did you get into blogging?
I like writing, period! I write a column for a Dutch online magazine (Your Way of Life) for about five years now. What inspired me to write a blog about LotRO is The Evernight Report by Hannihr.
- Describe yourself using a song.
Difficult, because I can’t listen to lyrics. Even when I can sing a song along I mostly don’t know what it’s about. Not because I don’t speak English well enough, I just can’t ‘see’ the whole picture. I listen to voices as instruments, sounds.
But me in a song: It’s only Rock ‘n’ Roll (But I Like it) – The Rolling Stones.
- Favorite video game character and why.
Does Raebidus count? Kidding. Absolutely Link from Zelda. The game that took me by surprise. The game that showed me there was more than Pac-Man and racing. The first real adventure game for me.
- What was the first video game you played?
I’m at that age that I can say: Pong. My uncle owned it, and when we as kids were at his home we moved a rectangular shape to a little square for hours.
- Favorite snack while gaming?
The ones you can eat.
- If there was one video game out there that you’d like to see made into a movie (that isn’t already a movie or in production), what would it be and why?
I’ve never seen a good movie based on a game. I even think the Harry Potter games are better than the movies haha. I don’t like Harry Potter that much no. I liked Resident Evil, but hey who can say no to zombies and Mila Jovovic 😉 (Never played the game though)
However I would LOVE to see ‘Pong, The Movie’.
- Describe your perfect holiday.
Wherever it doesn’t rain and I don’t have to do a thing.
- Beer, wine, liquor or alcohol free?
After many many years of beer and whiskey, I now go for alcohol free. Occasionally a beer or whiskey still. Wine I never liked. Tastes like rotten beer 🙂
- If you could work at a game company/developer of your choice, which would it be and why?
I really don’t know. But let’s say, Rockstar. I love GTA.
- What was in your opinion, the worst video game you’ve ever played?
Great question, many answers haha. Soooooo many bad games. But I go for Airwolf by Atari. An eighties game. I hated that.
- Kindle or books?
Is that a real question? BOOKS!!
Most important, My Nominees:
- At first a nobrainer: VAN 0 TOT 100 IN 6 LETTERS, BELEVENISSEN IN DE ACHTBAAN DIE BORSTKANKER HEET.
Try to pronounce that you non-Dutch speaking majority 😉 It translates: ‘From 0 to 100 in 6 letters, experiences from the rollercoaster called cancer’.
A blog by my sister, who was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. Emotional but also funny. But… in Dutch.
- Albertina Wal’s Blog. Another Dutch one, but by a fellow LotRO player. No gaming blog though, but about her family. Husband, daughter and twin boys. Very recognizable for parents, even for me as a father of just one.
- And of course the one that inspired me, Hannah Pearson from The Evernight Report. This multimedial lady has a true Evernight heart, I take my hat off for her and bow. And she became a good friend over time too.
- The fourth one is also a LotRO inspired blog, but it’s mostly screenshots and art. Made by yet another ingame friend: A Hobbit’s Adventure in LoTRO. She doesn’t post very often, but I love what she does. And she knows her way with waterpaint!
- Still thinking about a 5th one……
The Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favourite food?
- What’s your favourite song?
- Night or day?
- What cartoon you liked best as a kid? (Or still do ;))
- Extra-terrestrial life, yes or no?
- (A) God, yes or no?
- Movies or music?
- Are you creative in other ways than writing?
- What was the best concert you ever been too? (If never been to one, just skip question.)
- Bath or shower?
- What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?